The 2091 Street View Summit provided a great lineup of speakers and some exciting insights into the Street View team at Google. Here are a few key takeaways from the event
- Street View images will now be included in both the Android and iOS Google Maps App. You no longer need a separate app to view Street View images.
- Street View integrations are also coming to Google Earth
- Camera manufacturers continue to improve their integration with Street View “Blue Line” workflows.
- Backend processing of large Street View datasets is another area of investment and improvement.
- The Google Trusted Street View Photographer program will be separated from Local Guides and include new tiers of membership based on overall contributions to Street View and Virtual Tours.